Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Check out this recipe!

I made this recipe this week. It was awesome. It doesn't take much time and it is sooooo good! Don't leave out the Mtn Dew!

Pioneer Woman's Apple Dumplings
P&Co.
2 Granny Smith apples, 2 cans crescent rolls, 2 sticks butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar, 1 teaspoons vanilla, cinnamon, small can Mountain Dew (About 6 oz)

Peel and core apples. Cut apples into 8 slices each. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan. Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir. Add vanilla, stir, and pour over apples. Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve with ice cream, and spoon some of the sweet sauces from the pan over the top.

Here is the link to the original recipe. http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/02/apple_dumplings/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds.....interesting.

Maybe you'll have a leftover one for me to try tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Where are you? I've been trying to call you all day long, and now your cell phone says you can't accept messages (I only left one).

I'm going to mow now, your background inspired me.